[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Mon Apr 10 14:20:36 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> Read again: 3.8: (*only* security fixes)!

Somebody has to provide them and it's not Stucki ;)

>> 2. The 4.x branch is continued with very conservative bug fixes for some
>> years. This is our stable branch until 5.0 is out and even maintained
>> after that
>
> What are you talking about? 4.x or 4.0.x? What would your proposed list
> of branches be?

3.8.x (security only)
4.x (bug fixes, not only security)
HEAD (the rest)

4.0.1 simply contains the most important bugfixes (blockers) for 4.0 if
there's need for it. 4.1 is the regular maintainance release for 4.0, no
need for a dedicated branch.

Cheers,
Michael