[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 10 13:49:05 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov <dima at spamcop.net> writes on
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:40:48 +0200 (METDST):

> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> > But if the UI overhaul is moved from 4.5 to 5.0 we might end up not
> > only with 4.1 (as asked by myself) but perhaps an 4.2.
>
> It depends what exactly we mean by this new UI. typo3.org does not
> really say what it is.
>
> Ideally I imagine ajax-driven non-frame interface with tabs + XMLRPC
> access to BE functions.

I was thinking more in terms of layout plus a separation of functionality and layout. So we can have a full-blown UI as we have it now, but easily a streamlined, scalable UI which is hopfully fully accessible. If it's done with AJAX fine, but I don't care as long it's fast :-)

> And we can require mysql 5 because it supports views, stored
> procedures, etc. It will give major performance increase. But this
> should be evaluated from DBAL view also.

View are fine but does a DB-layer need to support them? Stored procedures are not standardized.

I was thinking more about nested-queries, unions and transactions.

Masi