[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 10 10:25:16 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov <dima at spamcop.net> writes on
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:20:40 +0200 (METDST):

> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> > Do we fix stuff like bug #2938 in TYPO3 4.0.1 or has this again
> > wait for 4.1?
>
> Why not, if you have time (a couple of extra seconds)?

Until now only security fixes were allowed for x.x.N-releases.

> > Let's start with fixing a couple of urgent stuff in 4.0.1 and
> > possibly 4.0.2. Better have a 4.0.1 in one week and 4.0.2 after
> > that in three weeks than only one 4.0.1 in two months.
>
> People will kill us :) They just started to upgrade to 4.0 and we
> will give them 4.0.1 and then 4.0.2 in a short time. they even will
> not have a chance to drink beer between upgrades :)

A matter of taste. IMHO better to fix small things faster. It's not that we add features to the release. But there are some issues that should be addressed fast.

> > PS: I'm not happy that older vesions of TYPO3 are not supported.
> > Michael Stucki's remark that there is no need for a 3.8.2 made me
> > think if not somebody wants to take over the burden of maintaining
> > the old stuff. This is happening with Linux and Apache, so why not
> > with TYPO3?
>
> Do we have a thing called "resources" (meaning humans) for it?

We need only one volunteer :-)

Masi