[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 10 10:12:20 CEST 2006

Hi!

Do we fix stuff like bug #2938 in TYPO3 4.0.1 or has this again wait for 4.1?

Which brings me to the topic of the next release. This is what I had in mind for it:

Let's start with fixing a couple of urgent stuff in 4.0.1 and possibly 4.0.2. Better have a 4.0.1 in one week and 4.0.2 after that in three weeks than only one 4.0.1 in two months.

Then target an intermediate 4.1 that will mainly clean up and streamline stuff of the new features. I think that a widespread use of eg workspaces will bring up some issues that need polishing. This release should not very far from now. Perhaps 3 to 6 months from now.

Parallel to 4.1 we could work on the BE UI overhaul that's the goal for 4.5. I think we should in this case don't work on HEAD, but in either a branch or on local systems so the tree doesn't get destabilized. Since these changes will be major and will take more time I suggest work on this will be started before the release of 4.1 (hence the new development[!] branch that is to be merged into HEAD).

Masi

PS: I'm not happy that older vesions of TYPO3 are not supported. Michael Stucki's remark that there is no need for a 3.8.2 made me think if not somebody wants to take over the burden of maintaining the old stuff. This is happening with Linux and Apache, so why not with TYPO3?