[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix EM2 issues

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Apr 3 07:45:14 CEST 2006

Hello Karsten,

>Hi.
>
>On Friday 24 March 2006 15:49, Franz Holzinger wrote:
>

>>http://fholzinger.com/development/tt_products-2.4.9.ZIP
>>

>This one has this in the ext_emconf.php:
>        'constraints' => array(
>                'depends' => array(
>                        'php' => '4.2.3-',
>                        'typo3' => '3.8.0-4.0.20',
>                ),
>                'conflicts' => array(
>                ),
>                'suggests' => array(
>                ),
>        ),
>
>It can never request any extensions to be installed, obviously... Fix this
>file and it'll work.

You can have a look into CVS that I have never deleted dependences from
this file.

There has already been an error message in http://bugs.typo3.org about
this error. However I cannot find this any more. topic 'backend unusable
after update' or similar

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/typo3xdev/tx_ttproducts/ext_emconf.php?rev=1.51&view=markup

So I wonder which ext_emconf.php file has been stored in the TER:

><wild_assumptions>
>Why this file has that content? The constraints are written based on the old
>dependencies string, but get only written if they do not exist already. Now,
>maybe you updated this on another machine, in an another directory, ...
>wherever. Your local ext_emconf.php will never get changed in the constraints
>section, unless you install (overwrite) the extension from some other source
>(file, TER) that has the expected constraints in ext_emconf.php.
></wild_assumptions>

I have downloaded this on another machine to get the version 2.4.9 for
your tests. On my local machine I only have a developer version. I did
not overwrite my original development files (ext_emconf.php among them).
So we have 2 different ext_emconf.php files now:
1. The file on the TER which gets downloaded
2. The ext_emonf.php from my development files which looks like the one
in CVS.

So I cannot correct anything here. I want to keep the dependencies
because the user shall now what he has to install _before_ tt_products.

- Franz