[TYPO3-core] indexed_search patches

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Sep 28 09:19:18 CEST 2005

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:22:13 +0200 (METDST):

> Hello,
>
> during the last months I have made many changes to indexed search.
> This results in quite a big patch.

Patches are good for code review. But could you simply provide a complete test t3x-File for lazy folk like me?

> - Completely removed the Ruby/OOoExtract functionality. Use "unzip"
> instead.

Ok by me. I always wondered what this tool is :-)

> - If an external file is too large (e.g. TSref), then the lexer needs
> too
> long for processing the words. To work around this, I have hardcoded
> that indexing of documents with $contentArr['body'] longer than 100000
> characters will be skipped. Of course the better solution is to make
> the> lexer class (much!) faster...

Perhaps a config..? Making the lexer faster is probably not so easy.

> - New TLO "config" properties "index_keywords" and
> "index_description". Both
> will be disabled by default (which is not the same like the current
> behavior, though I think that nobody really wants this).

I'm not sure if I really want to index them as you won't see them in the page, but these tags should be taken into account for calculating the relevance.

Thanx for your troubles,
Masi