[TYPO3-core] RFC: T3-speedup preg insted of ereg

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Oct 26 23:34:09 CEST 2005

Hi.

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 22:02, Christian Jul Jensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 October 2005 23:52, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> > preg's are faster than ereg's (Don't ask why :) test it).
>
> PCRE requires external libraries, POSIX doesn't. I'm pretty sure that is
> why POSIX is preferred in the core.

I have been replacing ereg with preg all over the place whenever I could while
working on DBAL. Kasper didn't have any objections, and I have not seen a
non-preg capable PHP install for a looooooooooooooong time.

> I am not sure what our PHP requirments are anyway, but this will be raising
> bar for server req's.

Erm, we'll be going for PHP5 only within two years anyway. Better to start
training the admins now. :)

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns