[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #187: config.stat_apache_pagenames code [type] ends up empty (Clean the logfile writing)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Oct 26 14:29:07 CEST 2005

Author writes:

on line 1288 of class.tslib_fe.php:
$pageName tslib_fe::getConfigArray() refers to $this->page['type'] which is empty

Solution:

Use the value from $this->type instead.

Notes:

1) While working on this I also added a new feature: If the logfile does not
exist yet, TYPO3 will try to automatically create it. Works fine here.

2) During discussion we found out that logfile_write (mode how logs should
be written - either "echo" or "fputs") is obsolete:

Currently, files are written by default using exec('echo ...') although
fputs would work just fine.

Because "echo" does only make sense if open_basedir is set, I first thought
I keep this option. However, there is an is_file check which would never
work anyway if open_basedir was used. So removing
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['logfile_write'] seems to be just fine!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out