[TYPO3-core] OT: "config" subproperties

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Oct 26 11:19:53 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I remember that I once wrote to Masi that the config TLO cannot have
subproperties but missed to tell him why.

Finally I found the email when Kasper explained this to me. It's just for
your information. If you have ideas on how to improve the situation,
remember that we shouldn't such things on this list! :-)

| > I have some questions regarding simulateStaticDocuments which I am
| > willing to enhance a little bit:
| >
| > 1) Additional properties
| > Why did you add additional options as independent elements and not
| > sub-properties like everywhere else?
| >
| > Example:
| > config.simulateStaticDocuments = 1
| > config.simulateStaticDocuments_addTitle  // this is the current option
| > config.simulateStaticDocuments.addTitle  // my suggestion
|
| Background:
|
| For the "config." TLO there can be no properties for its properties. It
| is because that the "config." properties are overlaid by "[page
| object].config" properties with a simple array_merge function which
| doesn't work recursively. I might have chosen not to do this because a
| simple recursive array_merge would not TRUELY overwrite the properties
| of "config." with the page configuration in TypoScript style. Also it
| might be performance, but in most cases the compiled config.
| configuration is actually stored with the template cache.
|
| So, therefore a way to have subproperties is using the "_"... :-)

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out