[TYPO3-core] RFC: jsfunc.menu.js patch

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Oct 19 22:38:33 CEST 2005

Bernhard Kraft <kraftb at kraftb.at> writes on
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:00:06 +0200 (METDST):

> Bernhard Kraft wrote:
>
> > Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> >
> >>ok with me.
> >>

> > Is in CVS.
>
> Ups. I just found out this rises another issue (Javascript Error) when
>
> "config.baseURL" is NOT set:

Hm, all this getElementId-stuff will break on older browsers. A simple menu like this can be written in DOM 0.

Anyway, can the whole menu be changed so that the PHP generates the <option>-tags? Because otherwise non-ASCII characters are broken for UTF-8 - it's the Javascript escape()-issue again.

Masi

PS: I recently did a nested SELECT-menu with optgrp for multiple levels. Could be a nice variant for the JSMENU.