[TYPO3-core] indexed_search patches

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Oct 16 19:08:03 CEST 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I'm not going to look at indexed search right now but your changes look
> interesting. However I have to make a close review sometime before 4.0.

In the meantime, I discussed this with Kasper by private mail.
All changes except the indexer patches have been committed yesterday.

These are the Typoscript descriptions. Some of them were already present
before but not part of the documentation yet.

Kasper: Can I make the changes in the manual by myself or do you have a more
recent version locally?

New properties:

templateFile / resource /
The template file, see examples in typo3/sysext/indexed_search/pi/.

show.forbiddenRecords / boolean / 0
Explicitely display search hits although the visitor has no access to it.
Notice: This behavior was different in TYPO3 < 4.0.

show.resultNumber / boolean / 0
Display the numbers of search results.
Notice: This behavior was different in TYPO3 < 4.0.

show.advancedSearchLink / boolean / 1
Display the link to the advanced search page.

search.mediaList / string /
Restrict the file type list when searching for files.

Removed properties (couldn't find description, so no changes are needed):

- tableParams.secHead
- tableParams.searchRes

Both are not needed anymore because this will need to be changed in the
template now.

Other changes:

The default search type has been changed to "part of word" instead of
"distinct word". Please note that this will be slower than before, however
it is more Google-like (=logical?) that searching for "mistak" will match
"mistake", too.

The default result layout has been changed from "sections" to "flat".

For a full list of changes, see typo3/sysext/indexed_search/ChangeLog.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out