[TYPO3-core] make class.t3lib_db.php usable for backend modules

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Nov 30 16:37:39 CET 2005

Holzinger Franz <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:24:14 +0100 (MET):

> Hello Core list people,
>
> I am new to this list now. I live in Köln/Germany and are currently
> developing for the 2 TYPO3 shop extensions you certainly have already
> heard of.
>
> I am currently developing the Graytree Library which is good for
> displaying a category tree in the backend and frontend.
> On the right side of this tree the same list like in the LIST module
> should get displayed. However I could not use the class.t3lib_db.php
> to do this but had to copy most of its code, because the BACKPATH
> variable is not used.

I read this post but fail completely to understand what this list module has to do with the low-level code that t3lib_db provides.

And I do strongly oppose the idea of subclassing t3lib_db! This should only be done by DBAL (or any other extension that provides access to a RDBMS different from Mysql).

Masi

*) I still muse on creating a thin PostgreSQL extension that only extends t3lib_db and t3lib_