[TYPO3-core] RFC: cObj->getGlobal bug fix

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 29 19:03:57 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard,

> Type: Bugfix (PHP5)/Feature request

> When a TS like:
> -----
> lib.userlastname > lib.userlastname.data > lib.userlastname.insertData > -----
> gets used to display the logged in User name (of course contained in a
> COA_INT because of caching) this didn't work as expected in PHP4 (Just
> nothing got displayed). With PHP5 you can even produce error message like
> the following one: ---------
> Fatal error: Cannot use object of type tslib_fe as array in
> /home/kraftb/www/TYPO3core.getGlobal/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php
> on line 4830 ---------
>
> Solution:
> Check wheter the actually processed variable is an object or an array.

Though your solution is nice, it is only half of the work.

The matchCondition class uses its own getGlobal function, so with this
patch, it will be possible to have conditions like this:

[globalVar
The patch is attached and works fine on one of our customers site.

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out