[TYPO3-core] Gremlin 1660: typolink should support thetitle attribute

Jan-Erik Revsbech jer at moccompany.com
Wed Nov 16 08:38:11 CET 2005

Ok, I'l fix the small issuses pointed out by Michael Stucki (whitespace-tab
problem) and commit it to CVS.

As for the manual, the link tag is actually (although indirectly) explained
in TSres under the explanation og the "parameter" field on typolink tags.
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/typolink/).
I dont know how to get the manual updated , but I suggest these change top
the manual (TSref an CORE API):

*******  Description of the parameter field (only changed sections)
*************
Target
Target is normally defined by the ".extTarget" and "target" properties of
typolink. But you may override this target by adding the new target after
the parameter separated by whitespace. Thus the target becomes the 'second'
parameter.

If the 'Target' parameter is set to the '-' character, then it's the same as
no target passed to the function. This feature enables you to still pass a
class as third parameter and title as fourth parameter without setting the
target also.

Class
If you specify a 'third parameter' separated by whitespace in the parameter
value this becomes the class-parameter of the link. This class parameter is
inserted in the link-tag before any values from .ATagParams which means this
class value will override any class value set in ATagParams (at least for
MSIE). If set to the '-' characters, then it's the same as no class passed
to the function. This feature enables you to still pass a title as fourth
parameter without setting the class also.

Title
Title is normally specified via the ".ATagParams" or directly via the
".title" atribute. But you may override this title by adding the desired
title as the fourth parameter (parameters separated by whitespace) to
typolink.

************************ END parameter description
*******************************

**********  This new field is added to the typolink function:
***********************

Property: title
Data type: string/stdWrap
ATagParams, or it can be set directly via this property which has stdWrap.

************************ END title description ****************

In the CORE API under DB transformations, the LINK tag is mentioned
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/Transformation_detai/)

Under function tslink i suggest this wording:
All <LINK>-tags (TypoScript specific) are converted to proper <A>-tags. The
parameters of the <LINK>-tags are separated by space. The first parameter is
the link reference (see typolink function in TSref for details on the
syntax), second is the target if given (if '-' the target is not set), the
third parameter is the class (if '-' the class is not set) and the fourth
parameter is the title.

Let me know who to contact to get the manual updated .

Regards
Jan-Erik