[TYPO3-core] RFC: remove depreciated static items before 4.0(bug#1804)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Nov 9 16:08:13 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> IMHO we should do this anyway as it is just an installation of
> another extension. Just the same as with the new csh extensions in 3.8.

No, because all relations from the template records will break. You have
to manually go into all template records and re-assign the correct
static templates. My first thought was keeping the relations by making
that static_templates-Extension store the static templates in tables
with the same table names than the old original static templates, but
that won't be possible, because we want to drop the whole
DB-Relation-Field "Static Templates" so there will only be "Static
Templates from Extension".

-1 from me for any solution that makes manual correction of the template
records necessary.

cheers,
Ingmar