[TYPO3-core] IMPORTANT!! Broken charsets in core changes

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 9 15:54:39 CET 2005

Hi Michael,

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2005 15:00 schrieb Michael Stucki:

 > please make sure to create a Diff of your changes before you commit them.
 > The reason for that are several charset breaks in various files that have
 > been changed.
 >
 > Please make sure you double-check everything before you commit.

Thanks for noticing this, I just corrected my t3lib_div commit.

I use Eclipse which by default uses utf-8 for all documents if not specified
differently and I use utf-8 for all the PHP code I write. Of course I
compared the HEAD with my local changes bevore committing, but Eclipse didn't
show any difference (apart from my wanted changes) because it converts the
charset internally.

I now have to switch to iso8859-1 in my preferences each time before I touch a
core file or commit it and then switch back to utf-8 when I work on my own
code.

Different charsets are great if you have too much time!

robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development