[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #1577: use ajax to open popup menus

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Nov 9 09:44:35 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst <sebastian at garbage-group.de> writes on
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:29:42 +0100 (MET):

> User writes:
>
> on browsers where it is supported, ajax technology could be used to
> fetch and update the page tree in the BE dynamically, and load popup
> menus.
>
> Solution:
>
> * t3lib_ajax is created, handles basic XMLHTTPrequest things

The JS code uses try/catch statements. This will throw JS errors on old browsers. Do we care? I think we don't for the BE as we don't even support IE 5.5 (flexforms won't work).

But if this code shall work in the FE, perhaps it should be changed.

I have no time to review it further now, but I like the idea!

Masi