[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #1292: xhtml_cleaning cleans HTML commentswhich is not wanted in any case

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Tue Nov 8 22:56:51 CET 2005

Hi,
I just rechecked your improvements and I am pretty sure they won't help
anything. The problem exists that tags _inside_ comments are processed
by xhtml_cleaning as well, this means they are converted to lower case,
which is not wanted.
This could only be solved by a complete rewrite of the function, or
using the workaround proposed...

> Secondly, can't this be done by changing the way the cleaning code
> works? I think that processTags is the key for the solution. Adding an
> additional regexp plus string replace doesn't speed up an already
> costly page generation.
It only slows down page generation if config.xhtml_cleaning is
activated, which is experimental anyways.

Greets,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Kurfuerst