[TYPO3-core] RFC: Make default body tag valid XHTML strict

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Nov 8 15:48:40 CET 2005

This is a CVS patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Until now, the default body background is set to #FFF via bgColor attrib
which is invalid XHTML strict. There are some solutions to this:

1. Remove it from tslib_fe altogether because we should not care what
background color is used.

2. For the dreaded backwards compatibility, we *could* set the color
with style="background-color: white" (although I would move this into
CSC and out of -core)

I strongly favour solution 1 because we should not by default do *any*
styling related stuff and only provide valid and clean markup.

Attached is a trivial patch that I would commit if okay'ed.

Branches: HEAD, [3.8?]

Files:
bgColor.diff

Greetings,