[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #1292: xhtml_cleaning cleans HTML commentswhich is not wanted in any case

Christian Jul Jensen julle at typo3.org
Mon Nov 7 22:14:36 CET 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 16:07, Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> I don't know who uses xhtml-cleaning... But the problem exists when
> using XHTML-Cleaning, and it should be fixed I think.

As far as I remember xhtml cleaning is experimental.

I would not invest to much energy into maintaining it. If people want
autoamtic clean-up they should use tidy. And it would be nice to create a
TYPO3 feature that utilizes the tidy PHP module.

I think it's fair to just state that the extension will fail i xhtml_cleaning
is on.

just my 0.02

--
Christian Jul Jensen

TYPO3 association
http://association.typo3.org

* this mail is signed with GnuPG. If all you
* see is a file of unknown type, your mail client
* does not support it, just ignore it, it is not
* a virus, or have a look at http://openpgp.org/