[TYPO3-core] RFC: Shortcut Field type change

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Nov 6 20:49:57 CET 2005

Hi.

I agree with Kasper when it comes to removing doktypes - wait and do it right
and once and for all. No gain in doing it step by step.

On Friday 04 November 2005 15:03, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Currently the "Shortcut to page:" Field which is visible in a page header
> when the page-type is set to shortcut is of type "DB-Relation" (to table
> pages). This patch changes it to be of type "Link" which allows pages to be
> links to E-Mails/Files and External URLs and of course simple pages and
> content elments of them (using anchors). This would make the page type
> "External URL" unnecessary and it could be removed in future versions (with
> notices that this type is deprecated in prior versions).

The fact that linking to CEs would be possible is nice, and files as link
targets are great - we needed to link to local PDF files a few times, and
using External URL is cumbersome - the element browser with access to file is
just more elegant.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns