[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #1625: Create an icon for the "notinmenu"pages

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Nov 6 20:45:27 CET 2005

Hi.

On Saturday 05 November 2005 13:39, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> > I would be interested to know why you think so. I see no reason to
> > keep it
> > because it has been superseeded by the nav_hide property which is page
> > type independent.
>
> I always use "not-in-menu" for "special" pages. I like the fact that I can
> set it visibly (per icon and page type) so it's clear here's something
> special. Functionally "hide in menu" is probably all the same, but for e it
> has more to do with a feeling than a rational thing.

The missing visual feedback is the major drawback - but the patch will fix it.

Removing the doktype makes sense, if we remove the doktypes completely  - a
page is a page, having properties. And not properties differing per type (as
this is often senseless, I may need media fields for shortcuts, or ...).

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member