[TYPO3-core] Important: CVS info / TYPO3_4-0 branch created

Andreas Otto ao-lists at php4win.de
Fri Dec 30 16:08:13 CET 2005

Hi Michael,

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 04:42, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Important: Although the release will be called "4.0" it is technically
> called "4.0.0" because otherwise there would be a branch and a tag with the
> same name.

Which is not a problem.
A tag is a shopping list and a branch is a complete shop built from a specific
shopping list, a tag.

> Please make sure that you commit upcoming changes to this branch only. At
> the end of the testing phase (when 4.0 is released) I will merge all
> changes back into HEAD. If you have questions, don't hesistate to ask me.

Contrary to what you have written this creates more work for because you are
the one who is merging changes into HEAD.

IMHO the branch was created to early. The right moment would have been the
time we reach RC level. Then it would have been clear to every developer that
we also have a feature freeze.

Cheers and happy new year,
Andreas

--
Seit 2507596 Sekunden.
Since 2507596 seconds.

Warning: Listening to WXRT on April Fools' Day is not recommended for
those who are slightly disoriented the first few hours after waking
up.
		-- Chicago Reader 4/22/83