[TYPO3-core] Extensions selected by the dummy archive

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Dec 29 17:26:37 CET 2005

Hi Sebastian,

>> Remaining system extensions which are not selected by default:
>> adodb (required by dbal)
>> dbal (should be fine)
>
> I think it is OK as is.

OK

>> indexed_search (select by default?)
>
> IMHO it makes sense to activate if the user needs it, but not generally
> - as it is not needed by default in the TYPO3 be.

OK

>> sys_action (drop?)
>
> Does it work right now? IMO this extension in TER would be a good idea.

So remove it from the Core? Julle, do what is your opinion?

>> version (select by default?)
>
> YES, definitely. See http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2109 - either all
> workspace features are deactivated completely if "version" is not
> available, or activate version by default.
>
> Is there any possibility to check the MYSQL version? Do we have to care
> about these 3.* MYSQL versions?
> Is there any place where this requirement has to be raised?

I think it is simply not selected because it doesn't work with MySQL 3.x and
(I'm not sure) with any other DBMS. So if I remember correctly, the
versioning stuff is only working with MySQL 4+ for now...(?)

@Karsten: Right?

I have this solution from Mathias Schreiber which should fix the problem,
and to be honest, I don't know why it's not included in the core yet. Maybe
Kasper or Karsten can explain on this...

When all problems have been sorted out, I suggest we add "version" to
requiredExt in config_default.php.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out