[TYPO3-core] Important: CVS info / TYPO3_4-0 branch created

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Dec 28 04:42:55 CET 2005

Starting with the beta phase, the branch for 4.0 has been created.

Important: Although the release will be called "4.0" it is technically called
"4.0.0" because otherwise there would be a branch and a tag with the same
name.

Please make sure that you commit upcoming changes to this branch only. At the
end of the testing phase (when 4.0 is released) I will merge all changes back
into HEAD. If you have questions, don't hesistate to ask me.

Branch name:  TYPO3_4-0
Tag of Beta1: TYPO3_4-0-0beta1

Again, please make sure that you upgrade your CVS archive to TYPO3_4-0 before
committing any further changes. Otherwise, we will have a big chaos and a lot
of work which was not needed otherwise...

Regards, michael