[TYPO3-core] Big problem: rtehtmlarea doesn't work in Beta1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Dec 27 23:59:01 CET 2005

Hi Dmitry,

> Btw, is htmlarea license compatible with GPL? Did anyone evaluate it?
> http://www.dynarch.com/demos/htmlarea/license.txt

Good point! Well, I just searched Google and as it seems, opinions are very
different. Some say it can be used, some say it can't.

In my opinion, it is no problem to keep it like we have it: The bridge (= the
code that embeds htmlarea in TYPO3) is GPL while the editor remains to be
under a private license.

Maybe it will however be required to add a notice to the TYPO3 LICENSE.txt
file that mentions that there is some code inside which is not GPL though...

Lawyers, please step in front!

- michael