[TYPO3-core] RFC: DBAL Core Changes

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Dec 27 13:59:05 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard.

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 00:55, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Why did you change
>
> a != b
> NOT (a = b)

Because it is not ANSI SQL. There are more places where things like this
should be changed, and I will probably propose another patch before 4.0
final.

> can the "old" form not get parsed anymore ? If the old form isn't supported
> any more doesn't this break compatibility with extensions and parts of the

It still is parsed and works as expected. It is only that things like this
might not work on all databases, and at least the core should try to be as
portable as possible. :)

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns