[TYPO3-core] RFC: Use monotype font in BE textareas

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 16 15:42:29 CET 2005

Hi Karsten,

> This seems very generic. If I have a site without RTE, will my textareas
> for editing content elements have monospace as well? If so -1.

I agree with that. The new patch fixed this by making it configurable using
the "defaultExtras" property in $TCA (set it to "fixed-font").

While working on this I also changed the tab.js feature:
By default it is now disabled, unless defaultExtras contains "enable-tab"

Both features are enabled for these fields by default:
- pages : TSconfig
- be_users : TSconfig
- be_groups : TSconfig
- fe_users : TSconfig
- fe_groups : TSconfig
- sys_template : constants
- sys_template : config
- sys_template : editorcfg
- static_template : constants
- static_template : config
- static_template : editorcfg

Both features are still hardcoded at some places:
- DB check => Full search (export CVS/XML) (only fixed-font)
- Template => Info/Modify (setup,constants,edit resources)
- Filelist => Edit
- EM => Edit files
- Install Tool => Edit files in typo3conf/
- Install Tool => phpinfo() (only fixed-font)
- Install Tool => executed image commands (only fixed-font)
- Template => TSconfig wizard

Finally, the existing BE configuration option to disable the tab feature
completely was not touched in any way. So this is still possible like
before.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out