[TYPO3-core] RFC: Respect target if specified in file header

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Dec 2 11:28:30 CET 2005

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:05:44 +0100 (MET):

> I think that this function provides a good way to edit content in a
> mixed charset environment, plus it will not slow things down a lot
> because template and language files are all cached.

But what buggers me also is that getURL is a standard function. It is used all over the place (in the Core and in extensions) - for different purposes.

You cannot simply add an unexpected behaviour to an existing function.

If you want autoconversion in the BE, then write a wrapper for getURL that does this converions and change all BE occurences (where it makes sense) with the new function.

Masi