[TYPO3-sponsoring] [TYPO3-dev] New opportunities with sponsored projects

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Jul 19 22:08:53 CEST 2008

Hi Stig,

I'm copying/moving this discussion to typo3.sponsoring, because it is
more related to the sponsoring itself than to the development opportunities.

> It doesn't seem like that there is much progress collecting money for
> these projects. (unless the page isn't updated?)
> http://typo3.org/development/sponsoring/list-of-sponsored-projects/

To be honest, there was no progress indeed during those 2 weeks. I
suppose a lot of reasons can be found...

> I don't think it's because that the community don't want to support
> these projects. But I guess that that many people only want to pay if
> the project actually gets started, - or they can get their money back if
> the project will not get started because of insufficient money.

That may be one reason indeed. Another reason is that for the moment the
projects were announced only via the news or the mailing lists. I intend
to take more personal contacts with known TYPO3 agencies but this takes
time :-)

Another reason may be that agencies or users don't see the benefits of
the first proposed projects. Maybe they are ready to invest money but in
other features (although no one sent suggestions yet).

> If there is no real progress in the near future, I suggest to consider
> fundable.com.

The idea behind fundable is a good one and is pretty well-known
actually. For example many small-press business use that. We could try
to do it ourselves without collecting any money, just pledges, with the
risk (rather minimal I think in a community such as ours) that pledges
get reneged when it's time to pay up.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and let the discussion continue.

--

Francois Suter