[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 9th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 30 19:28:35 CET 2012

> Merging Mailinglists
> ====================
>
> The release team discussed the merge of typo3.dev, typo3.core and
> typo3.projects.v4 due to low traffic and cross-cutting concerns.
> We decided to ask the core team about their feeling regarding thes
> question.

Still I think its more a question for the community and not for the core
team only. Should be discussed by the people reading the mails here..

> Strategy for Handling of security releases

> * New security releases should not be combined Bugfix/Security releases
> anymore.
> * Therefore they won't be based upon the head of the branch (for example
> TYPO3_4-6) but based upon the tag of the latest patch-level release
> since the branch may already have new bugfixes included.
> * security patches are applied within the hidden security-repository to
> a branch, based on the latest patch-level-tag.
> * a new variant of our release script automatically will create a new
> version from the latest tag, applying the patches within that
> "tag-branch" of the security repository.

What happens to the issues in forge, which have been merged already and
have the Target version of the security release set?

The whole process sounds like very much overhead.. but well.. for the
sake of preventing regressions, it could really help. Looking forward to
see, how good that works!

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks