[TYPO3-v4] really drop global extesions?

Stefan Geith typo3dev2012.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Jan 13 10:32:40 CET 2012

Am 12.01.2012 15:50, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> [...]
> I agree but I would find it better if not put into typo3/ itself but in
> a directory such as typo3conf/global_ext that could be symlink to
> whichever location you want.

I have a typo3_ext directory since years now.
Its in the same directory as the typo3 sources and
is symlinked to /typo3/ext
Would be really nice to get rid of this symlink.

Some thoughts/issues:
1. Some extensions dont_work, if they are not in
    typo3/ext or typo3conf/ext but in a symlinked
    Directory - especially some plugins with BE-Modules
2. On my dev-server, all plugins in the symlinked
    typo3/ext are under subversion control
3. When writing a patch, I often forget,
    that typo3/ext is symlinked - later on
    my patch removes typo3/ext/README ...
4. On my live-server, I also have a symlinked
    typo3/ext. (Security-) Updates are much easyier
    then, if you have many Typo3-sites with one
    symlinked global ext directory.

/Stefan