[TYPO3-v4] really drop global extesions?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:30:10 CET 2012

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> interesting, really didn't think that anybody would really use this
> feature still...

Use case: customized core + set of always used extensions (like DAM, for
example). We do that at Snowflake. Instead of getting needed extensions for
every project, we have verified and stable versions of certain extensions
in our pown version of the core. It all tested to work together. It is much
better than install and hope that it will work without issues.

So global installation is helpful.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team member