[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] Important: New Core Branch for 4.7

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Tue Feb 28 23:37:30 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

you might have read the status article on the File Abstraction Layer
[1]. One of the consequences is to create a new development branch right
after the release of 4.7 beta1.

So, the new branch is called:
*TYPO3_4-7*

This allows to continue with new features (i.e. the FAL API) in master,
on the other hand bug fixes need to be backported from master to 4.7,
4.6, 4.5 and 4.4 again - so it's a bit more work for the next two months
until 4.7.0 final was released.

However and since new features are more interesting - I'd kindly ask
everybody to concentrate on stabilizing TYPO3 4.7 first - which means,
concentrate on bug fixes - instead of thinking too much about new new
shiny features. Let's polish the ones we have... Thanks!

Cheers,
Olly

[1]
http://news.typo3.org/news/article/development-report-file-abstraction-layer/