[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation of t3lib_div::testInt() in TYPO3 4.6

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 24 16:58:30 CET 2011

Hi,

On 24-11-2011 16:02, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Georg Ringer wrote:
>> t3lib_div:: is overloaded and it is a good idea to extract things to
>> custom classes.
>
> I agree. But why this function? I would get rid of the least used first.

True, and it's not even a true "math" function.

There are loads of functions which could live in different parts. A
quick look shows some obvious categories:
- file handling
- image handling
- mail
- validation
- string handling
- array handling
- XML / HTML handling
- logging

The mail functions should really go; with SwiftMailer it's easy to send
mails without having to fiddle with quoted-printable, etc.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.