[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation of t3lib_div::testInt() in TYPO3 4.6

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Nov 23 16:16:38 CET 2011

Hi,

> Now, concerning this very case, there is a wiki entry that shows how to
> do it "the right way" while supporting very old TYPO3 version and
> cutting-edge ones without flooding the deprecation log. You like it or
> not but it works!
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v46-projects/wiki/Compatibility_code_with_older_TYPO3_versions

Thanks for the link. I knew I had already seen it, but it is nearly
impossible to find IMO. It should be in the main wiki. Such code samples
are general and should not be "hidden away" in a page related to some
particular version of TYPO3.

Back to the topic, I don't really like it, but I understand the whole
process and it recognize the need for the deprecation process to happen.
In the end the main issue is about having a cleverer deprecation log.

Francois Suter