[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation of t3lib_div::testInt() in TYPO3 4.6

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Nov 23 12:05:58 CET 2011

On 11/23/2011 11:46 AM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Georg Ringer schrieb am 23.11.2011 11:35:
>
>>> Because there is a list of those wrapper functions a new extension is
>>> born; another extension programmers library.
>>
>> this is just the case if an extension wants to be supprted in 2 major
>> versions at the same time with the same version!

[...]

> If we could figure out how this could be done in TER, we could even
> backport this "feature" to 4.5, as it would make perfect sense
> especially there.

[...]

Although you talked about "TER" in that paragraph the idea of
"backporting" came to my mind. What prevents us to maybe make an
exception for the special case of 4.5 LTS so that a next 4.5-version
gets that special function in the utility-package as well so that
ext-authors can migrate over their extension? If people really can't
upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6 yet, maybe it would at least be possible to have
them migrate to a recent 4.5-version.

Regards,
 Stefan