[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] Backend live search: your opinion about a bug please

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Nov 12 17:55:30 CET 2011

Hi,

> No. In the concept, which Jens brought up for 4.4 during the T3UXW, the
> plan was to move the search completely to the top.
>
> As a result, the search blow the list view should be removed. Instead,
> the search on the top should be capable of knowing the currently
> selected page id (just ask the page tree?) and provide a checkbox, to
> limit search to the current page/branch.
>
> Again, the concept/solution was only implemented half..

Thanks for the explanations. However what we currently have is a
broken/weirdly working search across 4.5, 4.6 and current master.

What I propose to do - based on your information - is the following:

1) for 4.5 I have already submitted a patch which just calls loadTCA for
each table, so that records can actually be found. That's all.

2) for 4.6 I would like to proceed with integrating Dmitry's patch, so
that the live search produces the same results as the BE search. And
leave the rest as it is as we can't change the UI in a stable branch.

3) for 4.7 we should complete the implementation by a) integrating
Dmitry's changes in the live search and b) getting rid of the search at
the bottom of the list view.

How does that sound?

--

Francois Suter