[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Thu Feb 10 17:52:23 CET 2011

Hey everyone,

I recently discussed with a small but beloved part of my local TYPO3
community why there is no frontend user registration as part of the core
while there is a frontend user login.

The opinion was heavily in favour of an integration of a core user
registration and this is why I wanted to have a broader opinion on this
topic from all of you.

Do you think a basic registration should be part of the core (read: do
you need it often if you have a frontend login)?
If yes, what do you think a basic registration should contain (just
username, password or more fields?)?

My own opinion is that a basic registration providing the possibility to
add a new user with a username, password, email address (probably with
double-opt-in) would be a nice addition. Preferably based on extbase and
fluid so we could just add or delete additional form fields by using a
different template. With extbase and fluid such an extension should not
be that hard to do, except maybe for the double-opt-in part.

Now it's your turn, let me hear your thoughts, please :-)

Cheers,

Susi/anne

--
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try

TYPO3 Core Team Member