[TYPO3-v4] Bringing all the mail functions together...

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 26 22:20:15 CET 2010

Hi,

In 4.5 the Swift Mailer package is introduced and available from the
t3lib_mail_mailer and t3lib_mail_message classes. This offers the
possibility to send mail using SMTP, mail() function, etc. depending on
the configuration.

We could change all the places which use t3lib_utility_Mail (a lot of
work to change things again) or provide a hook subscriber for
t3lib_utility_Mail::mail() which passes the sending of the mail to Swift
Mailer. This way TYPO3 can send all mails using for example SMTP if the
installation is configured to do so.

If the RMs feel that this hook subscriber should go in 4.5 I'll prepare
a patch.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert