[TYPO3-mvc] Using extbase plugin as configuration for another extbase plugin ?

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:48:15 CET 2012

Hello,

I recently completed two extbase plugins in my extension. Let's call them
"Toolbar" and "Data". On one page (FE) I have both Toolbar and Data and
basically Toolbar controls what Data will show.

Now, the reason I splitted Toolbar and Data in two plugins is because in
some cases I want to only have Data on the page, so the visitor cannot
control what will be displayed. But I want the administrator to be able to
pre-configure Data via the backend. So I am looking for a way to re-use my
Toolbar plugin in the backend as configuration for my Data plugin. This
would have the huge benefits of not duplicating code and keep a consistent
UI for FE and BE.

I had a look at
FlexForms<http://www.snippit.net/typoscript/reference/flexform-basics.html>and
Flux <http://fedext.net/examples/flux/features.html>, but I am quite new to
all this and can't figure out where to go from there... I thought maybe I
would need to use userFunc and then mannually bootstrap Extbase and
dispatch a request to generate my Toolbar. But that seems quite complicated
and was wondering if there was anything more straightforward ? Or if
anybody had similar needs ?

TIA,

Adrien