[TYPO3-mvc] form.select add empty option

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Wed Mar 14 13:39:32 CET 2012

Hi Stefano,

The ->toArray() then array_unshift($options, $emptyOptionArray) is a fine solution, too :)

To explain the FED Select+Option ViewHelpers:

If you use <fed:form.select> and exclude the "options" argument, the FED ViewHelpers
will allow you to manually insert your <option> tags - and you can use <fed:form.option>
for those or simply render each <option> manually.

The main difference between the FED Select and Fluid's version is that "options" is not
a required attribute in the FED version - because you get additional <option> rendering
possibilities.

---
Cheers,
Claus