[TYPO3-mvc] Best way to convert "tx_ext_domain_model_foo:1" into object?

typo3 at litedesigns.nl typo3 at litedesigns.nl
Sat Mar 10 10:52:54 CET 2012

Hey Tim,

I'm a newbie too at Extbase, but after digging through the Extbase core i
found this:

$foo =
Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getPersistenceManager()->getObjectByIdentifier($uid,
$className);

I just tested it in one of my controllers and it works like a charm :)

$className is the name of your model, something like:
Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Foo

Good luck!
Tim