[TYPO3-mvc] Update relations to inline objects

Dirk Rauscher dr_typo3 at itb-institut.de
Fri Mar 2 12:01:41 CET 2012

Hi members

my 'patient' object has a property 'protocol'. In TCA the 'protocol' is
implemented as inline relation and only 1 protocol per patient is allowed.

When adding a protocol to a patient in the backend this rule is complied.

But when I call the setProtocol($protocol) method of the patient object
with a new protocol object, the relation to the previous protocol is kept.

So when I edit the patient in the backend it has two (or more) protocols
assigned.

I've set config.tx_extbase.persistence.updateReferenceIndex = 1 but it
has no effect on this issue.

How do I have to cut the relation to 'old' inline objects?

Kind regards,
Dirk