[TYPO3-mvc] CheckboxViewHelper -> $this->propertyValue()

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Tue Jan 31 09:16:06 CET 2012

What value should the variable $this->propertyValue() get in the CheckboxViewHelper
when you have a form bound to an (empty or non existing) object in the newAction()
where initially the checkbox is empty, but is checked before submitting the form?

<f:form.checkbox property="variable" value="1" />

The form has more fields including fields that need to be validated (non empty and
email address). In case of an invalid form, the form will be returned and all
textfields which have already been filled in have been filled with the value entered
before submitting. Checkbox state (and radio button state as well) however, are not
maintaining their state (checked or not checked depending on what value has been
filled in, in the previous step).

$this->propertyValue() is always empty, whether the checkbox has been checked or not...

Regards,

Mark Kuiphuis

P.S. I have seen bugfixes on forge.typo3.org regarding CheckboxViewHelper etc., but
apparently this issue is too difficult to tackle as still no proper solution has been
provided...and I can't imagine I am the only one who has a form which needs to be
validated and contains checkboxes :(