[TYPO3-mvc] Ho do you get the timestamp from a DateTime property?

Alexander Dick typo3 at dick.at
Mon Jan 30 21:29:46 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 30.01.2012 21:01, schrieb Stephen Bungert:
> I have a datetime property which works fine, but now I want to get the
> timestamp and not have a datetime object returned - I want to compare
> the datetime field in a query. What do I have to do to get the timestamp
> (as stored in the database) and not a datetime object/array?
>
> Stephen.

well, you could change your annotations from "DateTime" to "integer",
then the return value should automatically be the timestamp.

/**
  * @var integer
  */
protected $date;

/*
  * @return integer $date
  */
public function getDate() {
	return $this->date;
}

You can also call getTimestamp() on your DateTime object to get the
timestamp.

kind regards
Alex