[TYPO3-mvc] How do you get the "next" record when on a detail view?

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 27 20:47:35 CET 2012

I have a function in my repository:

 /**
  * Finds the single view's item's next item
  *
  * @param integer $uid The uid of the current single item.
  * @return mixed An item
  */
 public function findNext($uid) {
  $query = $this->createQuery();
  $query->matching($query->greaterThan('uid', $uid));
  return $query->execute();
 }

That I call in my detail action in my controller.

$uid is the uid of the detail record, but trying to debug the return of this
function causes TYPO3 to not output anything.

I tried looking at other extbase extensions like news and  blogexample but I
couldn't see any examples of how to get next records.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen.