[TYPO3-mvc] CObject-ViewHelper to output several images

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Fri Jan 27 12:52:09 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I'd like to use the CObject-ViewHelper to render images from a standard
backend-field with TCA-type of "group", where the image-filenames are
divided by colon as usual.

So I set up the ViewHelper by fetching my Object:

<f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.image" data="{project}" />

And in TS I try to access the mentioned field/property:

lib.image = TEXT
lib.image{
  field = galleryImages
  field.split{
    token = ,
    cObjNum = 1
    1{
      10 = IMAGE
      10{
        file{
          import = uploads/pics/
          import.current = 1
          maxW = 272

Nothing special here, but the ViewHelper neither outputs anything nor
does it report any error-message, whereas this is working:

lib.image = TEXT
lib.image{
  field = galleryImages
  field.split{
    token = ,
    cObjNum = 1
    1{
      10 = TEXT
      10{
	current = 1

I don't want to build my own ViewHelper here as I would then have to
care about scaling and so on which I think is already there via TS and
just has to be used.

(I also wanted to use the stated attribute "current" for the ViewHelper
but strangely then the error-message appears that it was not registered
(using Extbase/Fluid 1.3.0). I couldn't find a bug-report about this
issue – anybody else having problems with this in 4.5.10?)

Would be great if someone would have a hint for me so that I can move on
in the right direction.

Cheers,
Michael