[TYPO3-mvc] Content fallback to non-master language

roberto blanko robertoblanko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:17:15 CET 2012

Hello guys,

I've got a TYPO3 installation with several languages. Master language is
German (UID 0). However the main fallback language ist English (UID 1). So
e.g. for the Spanish version on the website I configured TYPO3 to fall back
to English instead of German by supplying

config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;1

in TS setup. This works fine for content elements. However, it doesn't work
in my Extbase extension, where I fetch localized records via repositories.
If theres no Spanish record, Extbase returns the German record (master
language) instead of the English one.

Am I missing something. Does Extbase ignore config.sys_language_mode?

Help would be very appreciated.
Roberto