[TYPO3-mvc] A plan for the future of Models in our favorite MVC

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Tue Jan 17 10:35:35 CET 2012

On Jan 17, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Georg Ringer wrote:

> however what I want to avoid that EXT:magic would create the tca.php file and then everything as usual... because people will change settings in tca.php which will be thrown away after clearing the cache.

Spot on. That's the reason to rely entirely on the annotations and if desired, custom provider classes for highly specialized configs. I've been weighing this for some time now and it does really seem possible - and almost easy (yes, I know, hubris…) - to create even the most complicated TCA setup based on annotations and core TYPO3 rules about relations etc.

But - I'm very interested in having any possible difficulty areas uncovered; everybody thinks about things differently and I'm sure there are cases I have not considered (because I've never encountered them in any way). That's why I hope for all the help people want to give :)

Cheers,
Claus